Chemicals & Materials Now!
From basic to specialty, and everything in between
Molecule to Market in Less Time
Posted on May 19th, 2016 by Christina Valimaki in Chemical Manufacturing Excellence
Time in the lab can be costly, so any method that helps researchers uncover solutions rapidly can be very valuable. A contract research organization (CRO) had a project for its chemists that required them to develop a series of molecules that could be used to do coupling reactions with ring systems – and the company’s business director hoped to increase revenue by getting to the answer quickly and by finding the most profitable way to charge the client.
In our ongoing ‘Alpha Moment’ series we take a closer look at how this CRO turned a research opportunity into an increased cash flow.
Read the “Alpha Moment in Industry” to discover:
- How the team of chemists identified which molecules were most likely to succeed
- The key information tool that powered their research
- How the company and its clients benefited
- Do you have an Alpha Moment to share? Please let us know in the comments or via a tweet using #AlphaMoment
- Interested in more Alpha Moments?
- Learn how an adhesives company developed a new anti-corrosive coating
R&D Solutions for Chemicals & MaterialsWe're happy to discuss your needs and show you how Elsevier's Solution can help.
- Chemists Concerned About How Their Field is Viewed
- Equal access to data can streamline the entire R&D phase
- The agricultural industry must always stay a step ahead
- Alchemists at it again. Is there any terra firma in science?
- Nylon: Synthetic Fiber Becomes a Market Success