Chemicals & Materials Now!
From basic to specialty, and everything in between
Discovering a substitute for tin as a catalyst
Posted on June 15th, 2017 by Matt Weber in Chemical R&D
When new regulations limited the use of tin catalysts for silicone-based consumer products, an R&D team in a global specialty chemicals company had to seek viable alternatives. They turned to ScienceDirect to save time and as a result of their findings, the company filed two patents with the potential to boost revenue by 10-20 million annually.
What’s your next Alpha moment?
Learn how to get to Alpha and enter to win today.
All opinions shared in this post are the author’s own.
R&D Solutions for Chemicals & MaterialsWe're happy to discuss your needs and show you how Elsevier's Solution can help.
Senior Manager of Strategic Segment Marketing - Chemicals
Connect on LinkedIn
Follow on Twitter
- Strong AND Ductile Metals Possible with 3D Printing
- ICIS Top 100 Data Show Companies Gaining Ground in Drive for Growth
- Fast-tracking a bio-based product while saving research costs
- One Company, Multiple Information Solutions
- Innovation Needs More Collaboration