Chemicals & Materials Now!
From basic to specialty, and everything in between
Epoxy Resin for the Commercial Market
Posted on July 28th, 2016 by Christina Valimaki in Chemical R&D
Before running headlong into a new project, smart research scientists know that they need to be asking themselves some probing questions about the nature of what they want to do – and why they want to do it. They also need to engage in some pre-research, gathering relevant knowledge that will help them understand whether or not pursuing the project is a wise use of their time. This requires both forethought and helpful information resources.
For Michael Moses, a principal researcher at a large specialty chemical firm, he knew he wanted to take epoxy resins and apply their use into areas where they hadn’t yet performed successfully. Before getting started in the lab, though, he had questions to resolve. He wanted to make certain that his idea actually had a solid application. And he needed to know if there were input materials out there that met his guidelines for manufacturing and performance.
Take a look at this Alpha Moment in Industry to discover how Moses used the Knovel database to uncover the information that he needed to proceed with the project, and how it assisted him in making his product more competitive in the market.
Do you have an Alpha Moment – any advancement, large or small, in chemical or materials innovation, to share? Please let us know in the comments or via a tweet using #AlphaMoment
- Interested in more Alpha Moments?
- Learn how a CRO was able to target the most promising molecules and increase speed to market
- Learn how an adhesives company developed a new anti-corrosive coating
- Discover how a team of DuPont scientists, polymerized chloroprene, clearing the path for neoprene to become the go-to rubber substitute
- Discover the true story of how Dr. Samuel Kistler invented aerogel, a gel-like substance devoid of liquids with widespread applicability.
- What is the textile industry’s role in water contamination and overconsumption?
All opinions shared in this post are the author’s own.
R&D Solutions for Chemicals & MaterialsWe're happy to discuss your needs and show you how Elsevier's Solution can help.
- Hyperloop One Announces Record Speed but Doesn’t Best Aérotrain
- Bigger Bucks for Additive Manufacturing in the Stuff That Makes the Stuff
- Human RFID Implant – Orwellian or Requested?
- Composite Posits Coral Bleaching Remedy
- All Electric for Volvo but Not Petrol-free