Chemicals & Materials Now!
From basic to specialty, and everything in between
Water Consumption with 80% Reduction
Posted on June 27th, 2016 by Christina Valimaki in Chemical Manufacturing Excellence
Water is a necessity to textile production, however water resources are often limited in many of the countries that rely on the textile industry. Those countries’ populations have experienced negative impacts, such as drinking water contamination, from chemical processing.
As people around the world become more cognizant of the hazards and potential hazards of our industrial processes, the demand for more sustainable, eco-friendly alternatives increases. Demand for sustainability has required companies and innovators within the industry to step up to the challenge, implementing processes that allow for the reduction of water consumption during manufacturing, as well as other advantages such as reduced CO2 admissions.
Reading this article you will learn more about:
- The textile industry’s role in water contamination and overconsumption
- How one company developed improved dyes that better adhere to fabric
- How this innovation reduces the use of water resources while increasing capacity
Do you have an Alpha Moment to share? Please let us know in the comments or via a tweet using #AlphaMoment
- Interested in more Alpha Moments?
- Learn how a CRO was able to target the most promising molecules and increase speed to market
- Learn how an adhesives company developed a new anti-corrosive coating
- Discover how a team of DuPont scientists, polymerized chloroprene, clearing the path for neoprene to become the go-to rubber substitute
- Discover the true story of how Dr. Samuel Kistler invented aerogel, a gel-like substance devoid of liquids with widespread applicability.
All opinions shared in this post are the author’s own.
R&D Solutions for Chemicals & MaterialsWe're happy to discuss your needs and show you how Elsevier's Solution can help.
- 2017 ICIS Innovation Awards – Meet the Winners
- A Brighter, Greener Future for Chemistry
- The right insights on-demand can help R&D teams get ahead of competition
- Pressure to Reduce Wasteful Production of Animal Products Creates Opportunities for Efficient Ag Chem
- The agricultural industry must always stay a step ahead