Chemicals & Materials Now!
From basic to specialty, and everything in between
Biodegradable Plastic: Hero New Material
Posted on November 6th, 2015 by Christina Valimaki in New Materials & Applications
Source: SelfEco, September 2013 (http://selfeco.com/pages/polylactic-acid-pla)
It’s rare that entirely new compounds are developed in industrial chemistry, perhaps a handful per year. Compared with the pharmaceutical industry, this can make progress in the development of new materials appear slow. Yet when we look at the reach of industrial chemicals, each new material introduced for industrial and lifestyle applications has tremendous impact – plastics for packaging, for example. Learn more about one biodegradable plastic and what makes it so useful, and sustainable.
Read the entire whitepaper on Polylactic Acid: One New Material, Many New Industry Applications
R&D Solutions for Chemicals & MaterialsWe're happy to discuss your needs and show you how Elsevier's Solution can help.
- Bio Inspired Materials: The Electric Eel
- 3D Printed “Smart Particles” Promise Revolutionary Micro Structures
- The Plastic Bank Addressing Human Problems
- “Decisive Actions” Needed for GCC Chemicals
- Chemists Concerned About How Their Field is Viewed